Recipe for 6 people.
Preparation 5 mins.
Cooking 30 mins.
- 3 beautiful eggplants.
- 400ml coconut milk.
- 1 bunch of coriander or flat-leaf parsley.
- 400 g of fresh tomatoes.
- 100 g tofu, diced
- Soy sauce and optional coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Preheat your oven to 210°C (Th.7). Rinse and cut the aubergines into large cubes without peeling them. Place them skin side down on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, sprinkle with salt or a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 12 minutes.
- In a casserole dish or a thick-bottomed saucepan, heat a drizzle of mustard oil (or replace with sunflower or peanut oil) over medium heat and add the fennel seeds and fenugreek and onion, brown 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the rest of the spices except the green Jalapeno flakes.
- Incorporate the tomatoes cut into small pieces as well as the tofu and the roasted eggplants. Pour in the coconut milk and green Jalapeno flakes, mix well.
- Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with white rice. Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and crushed peanuts for more delicacies.
Treat yourself !