Recipes for 4 people
- 1 kg of potatoes (preferably Amandine or Belle de Fontenay)
- 20 cl whipping cream
- 40 g of grated cheese (Gruyère, Compté, Parmesan, let your desires do the talking!)
- 1 wing pod
- Wild pepper from Madagascar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (Thermostat 6)
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub it all over the inside of your gratin dish
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices
- Arrange your potato slices in the dish. Every two layers, season them with salt and wild pepper
- Pour the cream, sprinkle with grated cheese then bake until the cheese has browned (about 30 minutes)
Opt for a heterogeneous and rather coarse grind of your wild pepper from Madagascar, you can also sprinkle some whole grains before serving. For the salt, we recommend a mineral salt that will keep its crunchiness such as Kalahari desert salt or Uyuni desert salt . Add a sprig of rosemary to flavor your potato gratin.
Enjoy your food !