Beetroot is a vegetable that is harvested from May to September. It is a concentrated vitamin detoxifier. It also helps fight cholesterol. It is eaten both hot and cold.
Ginger is a superfood, low in calories, high in nutrients and antioxidants, like turmeric (from the same family: zingiberaceae). In addition to these anti-inflammatory properties, studies show that it helps maintain the intestinal flora, relieves digestive disorders and promotes the cardiovascular system.
For 2 people
- 200g cooked beets
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (2cm approx.)
- 1 teaspoon of ground kaffir lime zest or the zest of a whole kaffir lime if you have fresh
- 15 cl of mineral water
- Peel your ginger then put it in a blender
- Add all the ingredients to the blender
- Mix everything until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Serve immediately! Add a few ice cubes for a hit effect.
You can add other vegetables or fruits to the recipe such as apple which goes wonderfully with beets or even carrots or celery if you have a juice extractor.
A few grains of red pepper will be welcome to spice up this detox juice a little.
Treat yourself !