The bun is a bun made famous thanks to the well-known American burger. The latter is also one of the favorite dishes of the French…Never mind: with this homemade bun recipe, you can impress your guests and enjoy delicious “made in France” burgers!
Recipe for 10 Buns
Preparation time: 3 hours
- 600g T55 flour
- 15 g smoked cane sugar or Panela cane sugar
- 6 g Tuareg salt from Azalaï
- 150g water
- 25g fresh yeast or 12g dry yeast
- 180g skimmed milk at room temperature
- 1 organic egg
- 30 g unsalted melted butter
- garden blue poppy
- Golden sesame or black sesame seed
- In a bowl, mix with your hands or a wooden spoon the flour and salt and form a small well.
- In another mixing bowl or bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the milk. Then add the water, butter, egg and mix well. Add this preparation in the previously formed well and start mixing by bringing the flour towards the center. Collect the flour well on the sides of the mixing bowl and continue to mix until it forms a very elastic ball.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for 5 minutes on a floured work surface. When the dough is well structured, leave to rest in the lightly oiled bowl covered with cling film or a damp cloth for 1h30, in a warm place in your kitchen.
- When the dough has risen, divide it into 10 pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball by folding it on itself, and set aside under a slightly damp cloth.
- Flatten each dough piece with the palm of your hand and using a brush, wet each dough piece with water (or brush with egg wash), before sprinkling the poppy seeds or golden sesame seeds on it. . Cover with the tea towel and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius, 20 minutes before the end of the standing time.
- Bake the loaves in two batches if necessary and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let your buns cool before shaping the burgers!
Enjoy your food !!!
TRICKAdd a ramekin of water to the oven while it is preheating to create steam for even softer buns.