- 4 chicken thighs (1 per person)
- 1 C. heaped coffee of Oriental Blend
- 2 tbsp. heaped coffee Zathar Blend
- 2 candied lemons
- 1 white onion
- 2 pinches of brown olive pits
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper. (Ideally a Persian blue salt and a black pepper from Pondicherry )
- In a bowl, mix the Zaatar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fill a mustard glass with hot water with the Oriental spice mix, then add it to the bowl of Zaatar
- Place the chicken thighs in a freezer bag, not too big, which is hermetically sealable. Pour the marinade over the chicken with a candied lemon, season with salt and pepper and seal the freezer bag, pressing out the air. Once well closed, knead the chicken pieces so that the marinade is evenly distributed over all the pieces.
- Leave to marinate at room temperature for about 1 hour. If you have time, marinate overnight in the fridge to make the chicken more tender and flavorful.
- After letting it rest, preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Chop the onion into thin strips and arrange them in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange the marinated chicken pieces in a dish, quarter the remaining candied lemon and distribute the quarters in the dish. Sprinkle the brown olive pits in the dish.
- Bake in the middle of the oven, grill position + convection heat for about 40 minutes, checking the cooking from time to time.
It's ready ! You can serve the chicken Zaatar with mashed carrot (sprinkled with a little Zaatar) and wheat semolina.
SEASONINGWhen serving, check the seasoning, taking into account that the preserved lemons are already salty. Adjust the seasoning with a small twist of Persian Blue Salt (for its slightly acidic touch reminiscent of lemon) and a twist of Black Pepper from Pondicherry (for its powerful and balanced side, marked by oriental, floral notes of jasmine).