% d% B% Y
Zahtar chicken, candied lemon and olive pits
Recipe for 4 people.
15 min of preparation, 1 hour of marinade, 40 min of cooking
For the chicken
- 4 chicken thighs (1 per person)
- 1 C. heaped coffee of Oriental Blend .
- 4 tbsp. heaped coffee of Zahtar Blend .
- 2 candied lemons
- 1 white onion
- 2 pinches of brown olive pits
- Olive oil
For the accompaniment
- some radish
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 bunch of cilantro
The chicken :
- In a bowl, mix the Zahtar with 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Fill a mustard glass with hot water with the Oriental spice mix
- Place the chicken thighs in a freezer bag, not too big, which is hermetically sealable. Pour the Oriental mix marinade over the chicken then mix the chicken.
- Repeat the operation with half of the Zahtar mixture and add a candied lemon, then seal the freezer bag, pressing out the air.
- Once well closed and kneaded, leave to marinate at room temperature for about 1 hour. If you have time, marinate overnight in the fridge to make the chicken more tender and flavorful.
- After letting it rest, preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Chop the onion into thin strips and arrange them in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange the marinated chicken pieces in a dish, quarter the remaining candied lemon and distribute the quarters in the dish.
- Bake in the middle of the oven, grill position + convection heat for about 40 minutes, checking the cooking from time to time.
- After washing your vegetables, dice the tomatoes and slice the radishes
- Finely chop the spring onions, keep the stems
- Coarsely chop the stems and the cilantro
- Mix everything with the rest of the Zahtar mixture
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with brown olive pits
It's ready !
When serving, check the seasoning taking into account that the candied lemons are already salty. Adjust the seasoning with a small twist of Persian Blue Salt (for its slightly acidic touch reminiscent of lemon) and a twist of Black Pepper from Pondicherry (for its powerful and balanced side, marked by oriental, floral notes of jasmine).