This recipe with the taste of the rising sun is used with our Nippon mixture , ideal for making sauces and marinades. Perfect for coating your fish, meat and vegetables, here we offer you Japanese-style Tataki cooking: grilled on the outside, raw on the inside.
- For 2 people :
- Time: 20 min + 4h rest
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 tuna fillets (if possible Saku red tuna)
- 125g sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
For the pickle:
- 20cl of salted soy sauce
- A lime (which you can replace with a small glass of sake)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of Nippon mix
- Prepare the marinade by combining the soy sauce, lime juice and zest (or sake), sesame oil, and Nippon mixture.
- Place the tuna in it and let it marinate for 4 to 8 hours.
- This step is optional: place the sesame seeds on a plate before searing the tuna.
- Remove the tuna from its marinade (and save it!). Sear it very briefly, 10 to 20 seconds on each side in a drizzle of olive oil over very high heat. Once the tuna is slightly colored, place it on a plate and reserve it in the refrigerator before serving. You can place it in the sesame seeds before putting it in the fridge, coating each side of the tuna.
- Once the tuna has cooled, cut it into sashimi of about 1cm, cut it widthwise, in one motion with a very sharp knife if possible, to maintain the quality of the texture of the tuna.