Himalayan pink salt is one of the oldest rock salts in the world, dating back over 250 million years. It is an unrefined salt, rich in trace elements and minerals, making it a very healthy salt. We present it to you here in the form of flakes, obtained by a process of brine and drying in the sun. This form of salt is particularly soft and delicate, it brings a crunchy touch when seasoning your dishes and desserts. Here we offer you a sweet and savory marriage between the crunchiness and the elegant dewy touch of Himalayan salt flakes and chocolate, in the form of fondant and soft candies.
- For about thirty sweets
- Time: 15min + 3h rest
- Difficulty: Easy
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate
- 400g condensed milk
- ½ Comoros vanilla pod
- 2 pinches of Himalayan salt flakes
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie then add the condensed milk.
- Stir the preparation, then remove it from the bath when it is homogeneous. The texture should be soft and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix everything together. Place the preparation in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Once rested, take the mixture out and leave at room temperature so that it becomes soft again.
- Meanwhile, melt the milk chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Once the preparation is more flexible, roll the candies into spheres 3-4 cm in diameter like truffles.
- Cover with melted chocolate, using a fork to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place the covered candies on parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Sprinkle them with Himalayan pink salt flakes before the chocolate cools, this will allow the salt to adhere to each candy .
Your chocolate candies with Himalayan pink salt flakes are ready to enjoy. Ideal for an original gift, or a little pleasure, they are simple to make but delicious.