Recipe for 2 people
- Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet and heat to 90°C for about 2 hours
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat, add the long red pepper, crushed beforehand and leave to infuse. Turn off the heat before boiling.
- When the pumpkin has roasted well (the flesh is tender and the skin is slightly blackened), it is time to take it out of the oven.
- Being careful not to burn yourself, cut it in half through the center, remove the seeds with a tablespoon, then remove the flesh of the pumpkin without the skin.
- In a saucepan, put the flesh of the pumpkin and see the milk up with the long red peppercorns and turmeric
- Blend everything with an immersion blender until the mixture is smooth. If necessary, add the rest of the milk to obtain the desired consistency.
We recommend Kampot fleur de sel which will melt easily into the velouté without being too present. You can also grate a grain of long red pepper over the velouté just before serving.
Try a vegan version by replacing cow's milk with hazelnut milk (unsweetened) or coconut milk for an exotic version.
And good appetite, of course !