We like to taste this starter very cool in summer and hot in winter. Berber mint goes wonderfully with zucchini and brings a feeling of freshness.
Recipe for 4 people.
Preparation: 8 mins.
Cooking: 20 mins.
- 2 beautiful courgettes (about 350 g).
- 1 onion.
- 1 small clove of garlic.
- 15 cl of milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 2 pinches of Berber mint
- Peel the onion, dice it and fry it in a pan with olive oil.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the onion.
- Wash the courgettes and cut off the ends. Cut them into 4.
- Add the zucchini pieces to the pan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Check the cooking of the zucchini. When they are soft, you can turn off the heat.
- If necessary, remove the excess cooking water, add the milk and the mint then mix until you obtain a very smooth mixture.
- You can adjust the consistency with the juice removed in the previous step. The velouté tends to thicken as it cools, so it needs to be a little runnier when you blend it to have a good tasting consistency.
- Let cool at least 1 hour before serving. For a hit effect, add a few ice cubes beforehand and the Berber mint a little before serving.
Treat yourself !