For this easy Wok of Beef with Vegetables recipe, we have concocted a perfectly balanced, rich and 100% natural spice blend to bring Asian flavor to your stir-fried or pan-fried dishes. Simply sprinkle this spice mix on your dishes during cooking or in your marinades.
For 2 people
20 minutes (+2 hours marinating)
- 2 beef steaks (unground)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 large onion (or 2 small)
- 1 garlic clove
- 50ml soy sauce
- 1 C. nuoc-mam soup
- 2 tbsp. teaspoon of our Wok Spice Blend
- 1 C. black pepper
- A few crushed peanuts
- A little chilli (for the more adventurous)
- Start by cutting your steaks into cubes then marinate them with the soy sauce, the nuoc-mam and a teaspoon of the spice mix for the wok. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat your wok over high heat, grease with a little oil (peanut, rapeseed or sunflower) and cook your pieces of beef without the juice (which will be used at the end of cooking)
- Once cooked, set your beef pieces aside. It's the turn of the onion and the pepper, always over high heat
- Add the beef again, along with the finely chopped garlic and peanuts
- Sprinkle everything with another teaspoon of Wok mix, the black pepper, the chilli, then sprinkle everything with the juice. If you want more sauce, you can add a ladleful of mineral water.
- Let simmer for 2 minutes without reducing the juice too much and serve immediately.
Be careful, the soy sauce is already salty, we advise you to taste before adding salt. For the pepper we recommend a black pepper from Tellicherry TGSEB or a black pepper from the Tiger . You can also add a few basil leaves, a treat!
Do not hesitate to make this recipe your own by varying the vegetables: carrots, broccoli, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, Chinese cabbage, turnip, tomato, etc.
You can also opt for a VEGAN version by replacing the beef with grilled tofu.
And good appetite, of course !